Whether you need help now, want to report your concerns or are looking for advice, there are a number of people and places trained to help.


If you feel someone is exploiting or likely to exploit a child or children, or you believe a child is at risk of being a victim, call Police Scotland on 101.

Think they may be in immediate danger? 

Dial 999 and speak to the police now.

Looking for advice?

Not ready to report your concern but want to talk to someone?

You can call ParentlineScotland – the national helpline providing advice and support to anyone caring for, or concerned about, a child. Simply dial 08000 28 22 33 9am-10pm Monday to Friday or 12pm to 8pm Saturdays and Sundays.

Alternatively, The NSPCC’s free 24-hour helpline has trained counsellors on standby to advise and support, 24 hours a day. Call 0808 800 5000 or email help@nspcc.org.uk.

Worried and want to report your concerns? 

Go straight to the CEOP Safety Centre, click the red button then fill in the details requested on the online form. Once complete, press ‘send’ and someone from CEOP will be in touch. 

Find your local council area

If you're worried about a child you should report your concerns directly to the local area where the child lives. Don't hesitate to contact social work or the police; they are there to help. Find the child's local council area here.

This search will take you to the WithScotland website.