When it comes to preventing or stopping child sexual exploitation, the sooner you tell someone the better. Below is a list of people you can talk to, with advice on who best to contact in which situation.


Worried you or your friend is in immediate danger?

Don’t delay – call the police by dialling 999 or go straight to your local police station.

Want to report abuse?

Then visit www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre, click the red button and fill in the online report following the step by step guide.  

Need to talk to someone?

ChildLine is a free 24-hour helpline that offers advice and support to anyone up to the age of 19. You can call ChildLine for free on 0800 1111 and it won’t show up on the payer’s bill. Or, you can have a 1-2-1 chat with a ChildLine counsellor or send an email. To find out more, visit www.childline.org.uk.

If you’d prefer to talk to someone you know, remember you can also speak to an adult you trust such your mum or dad, a teacher, your doctor, a youth worker or social worker.

Want to find out more?

Check out www.thinkuknow.co.uk for loads of tips, ideas and advice on how to keep yourself safe online and offline – and what to do if you think you’re at risk. 

Find your local council area

If you're worried you should report your concerns directly to the local area where you live. Don't hesitate to contact social work or the police; they are there to help. Find your local council area here.

This search will take you to the WithScotland website.